Friday, March 9, 2012

Mommy's little helper

Wrynly has been wanting to help me with everything lately!  With my new idea of a "Job Jar" in motion, she has been wanting to be by me every step of the way. I made a list of things that need to be done around the house and put them on separate slips of paper. I folded those papers and stuck them in  a jar and once (sometimes twice) a day I will pick one out to do.  It makes my life so much easier because it gives me motivation to do something and I don't have to waste time deciding what needs to be done first!  Yesterday I swept and mopped the kitchen floor. Wrynly helped sweep up the dust and crumbs into the dust pan and put it in the garbage... though most of the stuff ended up back on the floor because she's not quite good at balancing things evenly yet :) .  She helped me do some mopping. She used the mop and I got the dish towel to get the stuck on spots. She ended up mopping the top of the kitchen table too.

I usually have dinner fixed and ready for when Jarom gets home.  Last night Wrynly helped me make it! We wanted egg and cheese sandwiches, something breakfasty and easy.  She pulled her chair up next to the counter and helped me crack the eggs into a bowel, beat them with a fork, and pour them into the pan. She also helped put the English Muffins in the toaster and take the cheese slices out of the wrappers. I'm thinking she's going to be a good big sister and mother one day!



Mauri took Wrynly to Beus' pond to feed the ducks today and gave me a break... to do my job of the day! Fun times with Aunt Mar Mar!

No comments:

Post a Comment