Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Summer/Fall/Autumn/Winter





It seems as though the past months have gone by in a heartbeat, the seasons flickered by as quickly as the fluttering of a hummingbird's wings but my desire to write anything has been non-existent.  Outside my windows, I watched the skies darken, the leaves morph from gold, to fire, to rust, to gently floating in the wind, their descent to death.  I listened to the rain pelting the roof, the wind screeching and howling whispered secrets, making trees tap dance across the gutters desperately trying to reveal the words on the wind.  I watched the first blanket of white snow fall and cover the neighborhood, making it glitter in the sunlight. I heard joyous laughter of two sisters playing, singing, dancing, jumping, twirling, learning.  All these things having lost their splendor and happiness as I've tried to bring myself out of the depths of depression.  They call it Post-partum depression and say that it's easier to overcome than other types, which gives me hope.  Hope is my strength and has gotten me through the past few months of internal sadness.  It helps for me to remember to be positive and count my blessings.  I'm so grateful for my husband who endures this with me, forever loving me and making me laugh.  He is growing out his hair and getting physically stronger with his 4 am workouts! He works so hard and is able to provide for our family so that I can stay home with the girls so they don't have to go to daycare.  I'm so grateful for my Wrynly, who reminds me to be HAPPY when she can tell I'm not, makes me sing to her, and loves me to either show her pictures of spiders or temples.  She uses my own logic against me, telling me she can't take a nap because it's light outside (a few times she's woken up at 4-5 am, and I had to have her look out the window to see it was still dark and that means we sleep and that she can get up when it's light outside).  She's learning how to be social, playing nice with other kids when I take her to the gym daycare so I can work out.  I'm so grateful for my little Arya, who has a constant smile on her face. Her happiness is infectious and even I can't not be happy around her.  I love seeing her figuring out she has hands, I catch her looking at them as she twists and rotates them in front of her face.  Figuring out she has feet that she can grab and stick in her mouth.  I'm so grateful she's healthy and meeting all her milestones. She's great at sitting up, standing with help, trying to scoot as she reaches for toys, eating her rice, fruits and veggies (except green beans, which she will adamantly cry and not swallow when I stick them in her mouth), which you can tell she's a great eater by the chunky thighs and almost-kankles she has.  She adores her older sister, as she continuously watches her, learning from her example, and laughing at her when she sings or dances.  I have such a great life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment