Sunday, July 1, 2012

Blessing Day

My sweet Arya was blessed today in church.  Jarom did so good!! He blessed her with strength of mind, body, and spirit to overcome any obstacles.  To know and work towards the plan Heavenly Father has for her. To be a good influence to those around her. To find a worthy companion to take her to the temple.  He got a little choked up during the blessing, which of course made me cry. 

Arya has been a little on the constipated side lately.  This morning I gave her a pep talk and made her promise not to have a blow-out in her pretty blessing dress.  I think I would have been mortified!!  She kept her promise, but kept farting during the sacrament, making my mom and Mauri giggle the whole time.  It was kinda funny because it was so loud!!

I got up an bore my testimony, which I hadn't done since we gave our talks right after Wrynly was born.  It felt good to feel the spirit and to testify of it's promptings and the benefits of it.  I told the story about back in November when I was ill with morning sickness and still stressed with work, I had awoken to a dream (or rather memories) of the day I learned one of my best friends, Anna, had a near death experience, how she passed out while swimming in a pool and almost drowned.  Her husband, Tristen, noticed she never came up for air and dove in the pool, pulled her out, then proceeded to do CPR until the paramedics came.  He saved her life.  I thought to myself that I needed to call her that day.  Well, the day went on and I still hadn't called her.  After a bout of morning sickness and Wrynly making fun of/mimicing my throwing up, I realy got the impression to call her up.  So, I did.  I told her I was thankful for her husband for saving her life.  She told me she just got goosebumps because she was with her family and they were talking about that day right then!!  Such a testament that promtings from the spirit should be listened to.

Since it's so close to Independence Day, we sang patriotic songs during the meeting: Battle Hymn of the Republic & The Star Spangled Banner.  I kept getting goosebumps and teary eyed and choked up that I couldn't sing.  I don't know why I was so emotional, but I felt the spirit so strongly, it warmed my heart.

We had family over at our home afterwards for a light brunch.  I really love our FAMILIES!! Both Jarom and I are so lucky to have loving, awesome, helpful, fun families!

No comments:

Post a Comment